I can't believe that it is almost 3 years since I posted anything here. And so many things have happened such as;
1. My sister in law, Sok Hia is doing well since her bilateral total knee replacement more than 2
years ago. The only thing I noticed is that she still have a fear of falling down hence, she
sometimes uses a stick or umbrella for support just in case. Other than that, she is fine.
2. Two of my sisters, Mandy and Patricia went through similar bilateral total knee replacement
during the past few years. That means three of us siblings have undergone the same surgery.
And including my sister in law, that makes four of us in the family! Can you see how rampant
3. My low carb diet went down the drain due to lack of discipline and too much work. Hence,
I put on so much weight and medically, it was a disaster due to the side effects of wheat and
carbs in my body.
4. Since September 2017, I put a stop to all the unheallthy eating and went back to eating low
carb and also started my brisk walking whenever I have some time. As a result, I have lost
1 dress size and feeling a lot better.
5. The best thing I discovered lately is konjac food which are available in the form of rice
and noodles. Konjac food are made of konjac powder which is derived from the root of
of an Asian plant called Amorphophallus Konjac and they have a host of health benefits too.
They are also referred to as elephant yam or konnyaku. It's low calorie, high fibre and
contains no starch or sugar. Its texture is firm and springy and its tasteless so it will
absorb any flavor that it's cooked in. This is definitely a savior for me as it doesn't deprived
me of eating chinese noodles or rice anymore. I have started sharing on instagram on my low
carb journey and recipes so feel free to follow me under the name of "yan_elsie". You can see
and learn more about konjac food there.
6. As for my knees, it's the seventh year now and I still feel great. Of course, the stiffness is still
there when I sit or stand too long but that doesn't prevent me from being active.
So until next time, Happy New Year once again. Hope the new year will bring peace, good health and happiness to all of us.